Dermal fillers – or ‘fillers’ as most people call them – are soft gels that are injected into or under the skin. They help to replace lost volume or ‘plump up’ the area where they are injected, levelling it with other parts of the skin. They can fill out, smooth away, and correct troublesome lines, wrinkles, and grooves on the face or add volume to the cheeks or lips. In fact, fillers can now be used to accomplish a complete, non-surgical face lift.
Certain types of filler can also be used to revitalise skin by drawing moisture into the skin making it intensively hydrated and so giving a youthful, fresh appearance. Dermal fillers are excellent for treatment of volume loss and deep lines, helping to reduce the common signs of ageing.
What areas can dermal fillers help?
• Nasolabial folds – fill the lines between the nose and the mouth
• Lips: enhance the lip contour or plump the volume of the lips
• Marionette lines – fill the folds/grooves between the corners of the mouth and chin
• Deep lines in the forehead
• Enhancing/replacing lost volume on the cheekbones
• Improving the ‘Tear troughs’, the hollow appearance below the eyes
Dr Hanson uses Hyaluronic acid based fillers which are made of a naturally occurring chemical found in the skin. Using dermal fillers, Dr Hanson is able to replace the lost volume which in turn helps to smooth out and plump up the face to restore the youthful look.